Ecksand respects its user’s right to be informed about the collection and processing of their personal data. In processing data that can personally identify you, directly or indirectly, we apply the principle of strict necessity. For this reason, Ecksand.com has been designed in such a way that the use of your personal data will be minimal and will not exceed the original purpose for which your personal data was collected and/or processed. In particular, we do not disclose your identity when the purpose for which your personal data is being processed can be achieved by using anonymous aggregate information.
Disclosure of data
Personal information, such as your name, address and phone number or information regarding your order and the products you have purchased, will not be sold to any outside organization. In any event, your personal data will not be disclosed to third parties without you being informed or without your consent when such consent is required by law. We regularly verify that our processors comply with our instructions and that they provide sufficient guarantees with respect to their compliance with applicable laws and regulations. This refers to our ability to process your purchase, provide service and support, and share news regarding products. In addition, your personal data may be disclosed to third parties in order to
- comply with applicable laws,
- respond to governmental and judiciary inquiries,
- comply with valid legal processes, and
- protect the rights or property of BIJOUX ECKSAND INC.
Purposes of use
Your personal data is collected and processed by Ecksand for purposes which are strictly connected to the use of www.ecksand.com, its services and the purchase of products. We do not share our email or phone number lists with third parties for marketing purposes. However, your personal data may also be used for other processing operations within the limits of such purposes. In particular, your personal data may be processed for the following reasons below.
- When you register on www.ecksand.com we collect your personal data (your personal information, userID, password and email address) through the relevant registration form in order to provide you with services in reserved access areas of www.ecksand.com.
- When you are executing purchasing procedures for products sold on www.ecksand.com, including a “confirmation of order” for the purchase of products, we collect your personal data (e. g. personal information, email address, address, credit card number, and telephone number).
- When you request technical assistance, we collect your personal data in order to provide you with information on net surfing, Internet browsing or viewing and downloading web pages.
- Your personal data will not be disclosed to third parties for purposes not permitted by law or without your explicit consent.
- Your personal data may only be disclosed to third parties (e. g. PayPal) when it is necessary to process an order placed by you.
- When you give us your email and phone number to sign up for the newsletter, we collect this data to tailor your experience on Ecksand.com and for marketing purposes.
- Moreover, your personal data may be disclosed to the police or to judicial authorities in compliance with applicable laws and regulations and upon a formal request by such authorities for the purposes of preventing fraud against us (anti-fraud services).
In all the above circumstances, your consent for data processing will not be specifically requested. You can also access www.ecksand.com and browse the pages without disclosing your personal data. You agree to indemnify, defend and hold www.ecksand.com and Ecksand Jewels Inc. harmless from any liability, loss, claims and expenses, including reasonable attorney’s fees, arising from or related to any unauthorized disclosure of personally identifiable information of third parties.
Non-disclosure of personal data
The personal data we request you provide to Ecksand, including your e-mail address, your address, your credit/debit card numbers, and your telephone number, is necessary for the processing of your order for the purchase of products on www.ecksand.com. Your refusal to provide certain personal data prevents the processing of your order for the purchase of products sold on www.ecksand.com or from providing other services through www.ecksand.com, such as customer service. Your failure to provide personal data to Ecksand may justify Ecksand’s refusal to process your order for the purchase of products sold or to provide services through www.ecksand.com. The disclosure of personal data to Ecksand other than that required in order to fulfill legal or contractual obligations or to provide the services requested by you is optional and does not have any effect on the use of www.ecksand.com and its services or on the purchase of products on www.ecksand.com.
Modification & updating
Intellectual & trademark property
All trademarks, logos and service marks, which appear on www.ecksand.com, are registered and/or unregistered Ecksand trademarks. Nothing contained in the website should be construed as granting, by implication or otherwise, any license or right to use any trademark displayed on this website without the written permission of Ecksand.
Unless we give you specific permission in advance, any other use of this website, its content and its information are strictly prohibited. This website and all materials found on it are protected by copyright and other laws. This website and its contents may not be copied, published, distributed, downloaded, transmitted or converted in any form, be they electronic or otherwise, without the prior written consent of Ecksand.com. All images, text, ideologies and rights of ownership are the property of Ecksand. Ecksand will not tolerate any copy or duplication of images, videos, animations, text and sound elements contained within this website. Do not use any information or pictures without prior authorization by Ecksand. All the information within www.ecksand.com is protected by the international laws of intellectual property. All rights not expressly reserved or granted are herein reserved.